Dinner Date: Tootoomoo

Wednesday 28 September 2022

 

Tootoomoo
278 St Pauls Road,
Islington N1 2LH

Last weekend, my fiancĂ© and I were really in the mood for Asian cuisine but whilst he was craving a Thai green curry, I was lusting for some dim sum. After a quick Google search for somewhere relatively local, I came across Tootoomoo which offers a rich Pan Asian menu with a generous selection of Malaysian; Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese dishes. With so much variety, we were spoilt for choice but first, something to wet the whistle. I was pleasantly surprised how good Thai beer was - great taste and nice and light to enjoy with our meal.


For starters, we both opted for Chinese and shared aromatic crispy duck pancakes and Cantonese spicy prawn dim sum. Both were absolutely delicious, so full of flavour and not greasy at all. The duck meat was so succulent and I'd definitely go back to try the pork and prawn dim sum.


The Thai green curry was a little creamier than expected, I much prefer mine to have more of a kick but my other half isn't the best with spice so lapped it up no problem. I also went for Thai and ordered the Khao San beef curry noodles; wok fried soft and crispy egg noodles in a rich coconut curry sauce, beef, bean sprouts, red onion, fresh chilli and chives. I enjoyed every single bite, the consistency of the sauce was divine, giving the noodles a velvety texture and the crunch of the fresh vegetables is a wonderful contrast.

We're so pleased to have found this spot, there's such an authentic vibe about the place and the food is brilliant. There's something for everyone, no matter what you're in the mood for, you can expect a delicious fusion experience!


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.