PASSO TO GO

Thursday 7 April 2022

*media package

Italian is one of my favourite cuisines and I often recreate dishes at home but unfortunately for me, my cooking doesn't quite have that authentic touch. I don't usually have the time to make things from scratch and can get a little flustered getting all the ingredients I need. So when I had heard that East London based Passo had created at home kits, my woes had been answered.

Passo To Go is an offering of pizza and pasta kits delivered to your door for you to enjoy at home. Bringing some of the restaurants best loved meals to you. Choose from a variety of delicious pizza toppings and pasta dishes as well as dough balls and premixed cocktails.


I opted for the Fennel sausage ragu and malloreddus pasta kit which serves 2. Inside the pack you'll find fresh handmade malloreddus pasta, the sausage ragu as well as parmesan and crispy shallots to sprinkle on top when serving. In 6 simple steps, I was able to prepare this dish with no fuss. It tasted absolutely divine and was of restaurant quality.


I ordered two pizza kits, one a classic Margherita and the other a 'build your own' - each serving up to 2 people. In the kit is a tub of handmade dough, fresh tomato sauce and grated mozzarella cheese. You can choose to add dough balls which provides an additional tub of dough and dips including Salsa Rossa and Anchovy and chive.

The pizzas were good fun to make, albeit a little messy! With the dough pre-prepared it's as easy as rolling it out into shape and adding the toppings. To spruce things up I added basil pesto to one pizza and 'Nduja to another. You can either cook the pizzas in the pan or the oven and if you're lucky to have one, a wood fire oven. The final results were delicious. The dough is incredibly soft and fluffy, the sauce has gorgeous authentic flavour and the cheese is delicately creamy.

Passo To Go has exceeded my expectations and I would most definitely consider ordering again and I will certainly be reserving a table at the restaurant soon. The kits are great value for money and make a nice change from your average home cooking.

Thank you @hype_experiences for arranging this media delivery from @passotogo. If you love reviewing products, I recommend joining our community!


Tamara x




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.