NEW: Goddard & Gibbs

Tuesday 8 March 2022


Goddard & Gibbs
100 Shoreditch High St, London E1 6HU

If you're familiar with the late Ace Hotel, you'll probably have dined at Hoi Polloi - both unfortunately hit hard by the pandemic, shutting their doors for good in 2020. But with the New Year, brings a new dining hot spot - Goddard & Gibbs is the latest all-day dining restaurant to take residency at 100 Shoreditch High Street. With a menu offering seafood delights 'inspired by the fishing villages and seaside towns' of the East coast of England, G&G celebrates British seafood and supports local suppliers.

Friday night saw the soft launch of this stylish new eatery, diners and foodies alike came together to feast on fabulous fish dishes.


The drink of choice amongst guests seemed to be the Smoked Palomas. Waiters paced back and forth serving these bad boys and as a tequila fan myself, I of course ordered a couple for myself. For starters, I had the Fried Calamari with Saffron Aioli. This could have been seasoned slightly more but needless to say it was delicious. My partner went for the Celeriac & Hazelnut Soup which was a real comfort for a cold, wet night in March. I treated myself to the half lobster and fries for my main and in good old Friday fashion, he opted for the fish and chips. The lobster was rich with flavour and the meat melted in the mouth - I'm still kicking myself for not getting the whole lobster!

We had a lovely evening, it's great to see a favourite Shoreditch spot, thriving again. The G&G staff were really attentive and so lovely. The general ambience was buzzing and you couldn't help but awe at the surroundings of vibrant yellow. Given it was the soft launch, there was a 50% offer on the entire menu, I must admit the full prices are rather high, so if you're not shy of spending a little more on dinner... treat yourself! I'll definitely be back to try the Dorset crab and Hake kiev, maybe even squeeze in dessert too.


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.