Taste of London

Wednesday 28 July 2021


With the arrival of a city heatwave, what better way to spend it than outdoors with good food, good drink and all round good vibes? I was lucky enough to attend this years Taste of London festival which, if you're a foodie like me, is the best possible way to spend a weekend. We were booked into the evening slot on the final Saturday, our tickets granted us to the VIP area in which we were greeted with a complimentary glass of bubbles. The buzz of the crowd was so refreshing after months of lockdown and social distancing, it was so good to see the spirit of London back and seeing so many people come together.


I wasted no time in getting out and exploring what Taste had to offer, I must admit it was overwhelming. With so much to choose from, I was spoilt but I headed straight for Angelina for their Lobster Donut. The flavours were incredible and I could have easily devoured several portions. It was great to see a local business at the festival and the queues proved just how popular their offering of Japanese/Italian fusion plates were.


I had been eyeing up Casa Calavera for some time so I was thrilled to have seen them on the line up. I ordered their exclusive Ahi Tuna taco which was served with a complimentary shot of tequila. It certainly lived up to the hype despite the small portion size and was totally worth the wait. Moving on, I chowed down the delights of Arros for some authentic Valencian paella and had a taste of the black ink rice with Basque cod - both divine. Finally, I couldn't end my visit without stopping by Hoppers for their succulent Lamb shoulder roti which packed quite a punch and was rich in flavour.

This was undoubtedly one of the best weekends in a long time and I would highly recommend any food fanatic to go!


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.