My Moisture Match

Monday 11 March 2013

Everyone's skin is different and whether it be dry, oily or dull we all need to moisturise, it's a beauty must! Garnier has recently launched a new range of facial moisturises consisting of 5 unique creams to suit your specific skin type and skin woes. The Moisture Match has been developed to target; normal, normal/dry, dry/very dry, dull and oily skin with the appropriate ingredients to tackle each skin issue. 

(Above)
The full Moisture Match range, each retailed at £5.99*

As you may already know, I have oily skin and search continuously for products to tackle shine and keep my face matte throughout the day. I don't currently have a 'go to' moisturiser as I tend to make do with samples that I regularly receive, so I took this as an opportunity to find a well suited match for me and my skin type.



And so, I purchased the 'Shine Be Gone' moisture match option, a mattifying cream ideal for combination to oily skin types. The key ingredient of this particular cream is Green Tea which is a wonderful anti-oxidant and gives a long lasting, smooth texture. This product is completely oil free and has a pleasantly light consistency so doesn't sit heavy on the face or clog my pores. It has a fresh fragrance and upon application it does genuinely give my skin an instant hydration boost. Since my first use I have noticed the surface of my face to be dramatically softer and I gain a great sense that my skin has been thoroughly hydrated. This moisturiser can be used both morning and night but I have chosen to use it at the start of each day before I put make up on, simply because I have found that using mattifying products too often will completely rid my skin of all oil and results in dry areas appearing around my face, especially on my T-zone.

One critical point I must mention is the durability of this facial cream. The product promises 24 hour hydration which I can't in anyway deny, however in terms of keeping my face shine free it isn't that reliable. Once applied to the face, the cream absorbs incredibly well into my skin leaving a matte canvas but as the day goes on I did eventually begin to see the shine had returned and I was need of a quick fix of powder.

I will continue using this moisturiser on a daily basis as I would rate it to be one of the best for a deep skin hydration despite not giving an all-day shine free face. Overall I am satisfied with this purchase, it's great value for money aside from the minor set back and I would definitely recommend to try the Moisture Match range as I can guarantee you will find a cream best suited for you and your skin.


Tamara x

10 comments

  1. This is my first time seeing these! They sound good and I may give one of them a go! :)) Great post!

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I love the idea of these and really want to try one
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this being super hydrating.i have combination skin but for some reason my forehead is ridiculously dry at the moment! I love garnier products too so ill definitely be trying this :) anything to rid me of a scaly forehead haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been great feedback on the range so you should definitely give it a try x

      Delete
  4. I reviewed this product too and I felt the exact same! It wasn't as matte as I was hoping and after a couple of hours my t-zone was so shiny again. I still love it though, it's definitely one of the best moisturisers I've tried!

    Kerry x

    fashionandflame.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely hydrates but it is a shame about the lack of 'matte' it gives. Thanks for following Kerry x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.