SheSaidBeauty September Box

Tuesday 18 September 2012



GINVERA Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel
I was overly impressed with the Ginvera Green Tea BB Cream that I received in a past SheSaidBeauty box so of course I had high expectations for this gel that promises remove dead skin and target blackheads. You apply this product onto completely dry skin, rubbing in circular motions and within moments dead skin flakes away almost like giving a mini face peel. After use, skin feels much softer and smoother although I haven't noticed a reduction in my blackheads as of yet but I would expect more results after a few more uses.

COLLECTION Primed & Ready Smoothing Make-Up Primer
When I first applied this product on to my face I was quite set back with how oily it felt and assumed it would allow shine to build as the day went on. Thankfully that wasn't the case and my skin stayed fairly matte and my make up seemed to stay settled, I didn't have to touch up at any point! The product is clear so can be used on any skin tone. Although this product wasn't a letdown I wouldn't rate it as my top choice primer.  

COLLECTION Fix Me Up Long Lasting Make-Up Fixer
I'm not greatly keen on the idea of making my make up stick to my face as much as I want it to last during the day, the idea doesn't thrill me. The makeup fixer is a product that you spray over your make up to ensure that you have lasting coverage over a long period of time, whether it be a day at work or late night out. I was rather off put with the dampness it left on my face after one spray, despite using at a good distance; also the smell of the product isn't too great either. Although it does seem to hold make up in place I can't help but feel that my skin isn't able to breathe under the product.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
Without no surprise there was one product I received this month that I wasn't at all happy to see. I found this very product in my August GlossyBox and still haven't got round to make some sort of use out of it. I tend to avoid oil based products for my skin as I have an oily complexion so I've been hesitant to get round to trying it out. The oil is a little heavy for my face and I my use this on my body as an alternative so that both samples aren't going to waste. 

Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask
I love a good old face mask and I really don't use them as much as I'd like to, they're a real pamper for your face. This clay mask completely refreshed my face after use leaving a cool, cleansed feeling on my skin. The product has a pleasant smell of peppermint and lime and feels light on my face. I've always preferred clay masks over peel off masks so I was glad to find this in my box this month.



Tamara x

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.