7-day Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Trial

Tuesday 10 January 2012


For most of 2010 and throughout 2011, my foundation preference was Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation. I began using this after using a sample given in an issue of ELLE magazine a couple years back, luckily in my shade, and it gave good results compared to the long list of foundations I have tried previously. I invested in purchasing this product and have not dared to change ever since. I became really settled with this foundation and despite recommendations of foundations by other brands, I couldn't bring myself to risk the chance on spending a lot of money on a new one that may not even work for me. That is until recently where I figured I should chance trying another foundation by Lancome, since it is a brand I know will have the right foundation for me. 

I read upon a number of reviews on the Teint Idole Ultra 14H, which has endless 4-5 star ratings and was ranked above brands such as Chanel, Dior and MAC, which was rather surprising. Most people claimed it is long lasting, gives great coverage and better yet, has a matt finish. I wanted to wait for my current bottle of Teint Miracle to start looking empty before I bought the product and so last week, during a trip to Westfield Stratford, I visited the Lancome counter in Boots. I was greeted by a lovely consultant who informed me that a new and improved Teint Idole Ultra has been developed but won't be launched available for purchase till the 1st of February. She suggested that I should take part in the 7-day trial which is being offered at all Lancome counters and in around 2 weeks time I can return to give my feedback along with purchasing a full bottle.



I was matched up with the shade suited for my skin tone and was handed a small sample to  test over a week. The consultant herself told me how she, like me, had been using Teint Miracle but has now seen dramatically better results from the latest Teint Idole Ultra. This new foundation promises 24hr wear with lasting perfect coverage, an even finish with a delicate touch and is available in 18 shades. 

MY VERDICT

Well...after the 7-day trial I can honestly say that I'm impressed! This is a definite improvement from my original choice of foundation. Even though I didn't get the chance to try the Teint Idole Ultra 14H, I have already seen a few reviews claiming that the new 24hr development gets top marks and it was even featured in this month's issue of Glamour to be the 'go to' for a long lasting finish.

The most intriguing thing I have noticed about this product is, that when wearing it my skin doesn't feel like it has much make up on it at all. Usually if I were to touch my face I would feel that awful layer of slap which doesn't make my skin feel natural at all, the matt finish is also extremely ideal for someone like me who has an oily complexion. The product is easy to apply with a trusty foundation brush and blends well with no need for touch ups later on. Its out with the old and in with the new for me in 2012 so once the Teint Idole Ultra 24H is available for purchase, I will be going straight down to a Lancome counter ready and waiting to buy it!


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.