Clinique Favourites

Tuesday 13 December 2011

At the age of 21 I find that I am still cursed with teenage skin and, at times, have been so frustrated at the lack of results I get out of products that supposedly target and combat spots. Up till recently I refused to splurge on high end skin care as I didn't want the risk of spending a ridiculous amount of money on a teaspoon sized product. I've tried most of the brands that you'll find in supermarkets and high street retailers such as Boots, but I have not yet found my skin miracle. I seem to have outbreaks regularly which I figured I would grow out of by now. 

And so, losing my patience I decided to invest into more expensive skin care and throughout this year Clinique hasn't disappointed me so far and here are four products that I would recommend to anyone with the same skin issues as me...


(LEFT TO RIGHT)

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions, Oil Control Cleansing Mask

I tend to use this once a week, as what you should do when it comes to face masks as using them too regularly will dry out your skin. I like to use this product to give my face a deep cleanse since I wear make up most days and as I mentioned before I am extremely prone to spots. The product is clay based and only requires 5 minutes although a little longer doesn't hurt, as long as you wait till the mask becomes hard then you can wash it off with warm water. The mask has been developed to prevent break outs and reduce shine on your skin which is ideal for me as my skin is very oily throughout the day. I purchased this 100ml product at £16 which I was hesitant to do so, but I must say it was worth it. I find that my breakouts, although not entirely prevented, have been reduced since using the mask. Also it gives my skin a slight glow after use which hasn't gone unnoticed!

RATINGS
Result 4/5
Quantity 4/5
Value for Money 5/5
Application 5/5

Clinique Take the Day Off, Make up Remover

I first discovered this gem when I bought an issue of Glamour magazine in the early half of this year and each came with a small sample of various Clinique products, I chose the make up remover since I didn't REALLY need another lip gloss. After my first use I was instantly amazed at what this product could do! A small amount on a cotton wool pad does wonders, it literally 'takes the day off' your face. I was so wrong to think my usual routine of soap, exfoliator and occasional steaming would remove all the make up and dirt clogged up in my pores. This product takes away everything that your other products didn't and leaves your face feeling refreshed. A 125ml bottle can be purchased for £14.50, again so worth the money I'm probably on my third bottle of this year and could never do without it.


RATINGS
Result 5/5
Quantity 4/5
Value for Money 5/5
Application 5/5

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions, Instant Perfector

This was introduced to me as a sample sachet sent to me with an order I placed on the Clinique website, along with a sample sachet of the Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum. When you order on clinique.co.uk you are entitled to two free samples out of a choice of four as an extra little treat. But out of the two I saw more results out of the instant perfecter rather that the serum and so I decided to purchase the full sized 15ml tube  for a harsh price of £18 which is the only disappointment. This product minimises visual pores giving your skin a smoother matt appearance. I, personally, have been using it as a form of primer, since it give my skin a matt finish it allows my make up to be more durable and there is no need for touch ups. I was advised at the Clinique counter that I could wear the product alone, however I don't find I can depend on it for cover ups and as I often have blemishes I would need to wear foundation or concealer either way. I will purchase the instant perfecter again although I am dis-encouraged by the little amount you get inside considering the high price it's sold at.

RATINGS
Result 5/5
Quantity 3/5
Value for Money 3/5
Application 5/5

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions, Spot Treatment Gel

I wanted to try this gel as many of the spot treatment gels and 'wands' I have tried haven't been so reliable. A small 15ml tube costs £12 which again, is a bit pricey for what you get, needless to say it does tackle blemishes effectively and rather quickly. Whenever I feel a spot surfacing I dab a small amount of the product on the area and the blemish is reduced in no time. I won't say this gel is incredible but it works and that's what really matters at the end of the day.

RATINGS
Result 4/5
Quantity 4/5
Value for Money 4/5
Application 5/5


Tamara x



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.