Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Since the age of 15, I have worn make-up and, by friends, have been known to not go a day without eye liner. I have tried liner from most cosmetics brands, whether it be a Kohl pencil liner, liquid liner or crayon liner and it has taken me a fair few hundreds of attempts to master the 'cat eye' flick we girls all seem to love. For the past year I have been using Barry M liquid eye liner in black,  but find that the applicator tends to become soft and flimsy which makes it incredibly frustrating when trying to create a perfect line and flick on my upper eye lid. The product its self gives a perfect result, however the applicator is a let down. 


I then became more aware of gel eye liner and for some time wanted to try it for myself so the other day I purchased Maybelline's EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 01 Black for £7.99 in Boots. 




To apply the product I use an angled brush, such as this one from Models Own, which came as part of a five piece brush set, found in Boots for £10.


You only need a small amount of the gel to get the bold line you're hoping for, unlike some liquid eye liners I have used, where I need to apply more of the product to develop the depth of the black several times. The straight edge of the angled brush allows you to mark and fill in the 'cat eye' flick with precision. No smudges and no touch ups needed. I found using gel liner saves time and there is no need for tissue or cotton buds to fix up any badly drawn lines. This is my result after my first time using the product.




RATINGS
Colour Intensity 5/5
Durability 5/5
Value for Money 5/5
Application 4/5


I would definitely recommend this gel liner by Maybelline, its a small price to pay for a genuinely good make up product. I could only seem to find gel liner in the Maybelline range at the time I bought it, I am aware that Topshop sell one too for £8 which has received good reviews, I may try for myself at some point to compare.  


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.