GlossyBox: Seaside Splash

Tuesday 30 July 2013



ALTERNA HAIRCARE Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
My hair is extremely heavy and thick so it tends to look weighed down and flat if I don't use styling products. I always try to create a tousled, beach hair look with volume but fail on most occasions simply because of the thickness of my hair. It takes A LOT of product to make any difference which ultimately leaves my hair sticky and greasy. I'm really intrigued by this texture mist but as I predicted it just isn't powerful enough to style my locks into place with a long lasting hold. The mist itself is delicate, not too tacky and has a fresh scent. I have noticed it has worked for others who have much lighter hair than me so I won't knock it down.

ESSIE Sleek Sticks
I adore Essie nail polishes however they are not something I can regularly afford to purchase. Until now I had not yet come across the 'Sleek Sticks' so it was a nice little surprise to find them in this months box. These are nail stickers which can be found in several designs, I received 'A to Zebra' which is a brown and black striped animal print, which isn't to my taste at all. I will probably be giving these to someone else who may appreciate them more, I highly doubt I will purchase another design for myself  as I don't think £9.99 for a single pack can be justified!

SLEEK MAKEUP Pout Paint
I'm aware of how good lipsticks by Sleek are, so I was certainly interested to try these new 'Pout Paints'. Sadly I feel I missed out with the colours I was given; 'Milkshake' - a very bright almost neon pink and 'Peek-a-Bloo' - an intense, rather scary looking, blue. I'm a little undecided on how I feel about the vibrant pink as it is a really daring colour to pull off however I find using a pin sized amount gives a more wearable bright lip. The blue shade has been developed to be mixed with other colours allowing you to experiment but since my skin tone doesn't generally suit cool shades I can't really see this product working out for me. I did however mix it with 'Milkshake' to find it made a lovely lilac/lavender that would suit darker skin tones. Both paints have a sweet fruity scent and intense pigmentation, I would suggest to apply lip balm before hand to avoid chapped lips since these give a matte finish they are slightly drying. 

COOLA ORGANIC SUNCARE COLLECTION Cool Mineral Face SPF 20 
With all the amazing sun we've had it has been really important to wear SPF on the face. Most of my current moisturisers have added SPF but it doesn't hurt to have an extra bit of protection. This is an unscented, mineral sunscreen for the face with added toning and pore minimising factors. The product has a light consistency and is soothing on the skin. I can't say I noticed any reduction the the appearance of my pores but it may take more than a couple of uses. 

ANATOMICALS Spray Misty For Me facial spritz
Anatomicals is one of my least favourite beauty brands so I'm never usually that excited to find a product of theirs in my beauty box. This is a facial spray created to refresh and hydrate the skin with Lavender, Peppermint, Witch Hazel and Aloe. Honestly this product is really pleasant on the skin and has come into great use during these hot, muggy days. It gives a lovely cooling sensation and I find it doesn't irritate my skin. I'm not too keen on the fragrance as it has an over powering smell of Rose, also an ingredient of the product, which I have always found to be an 'aged' scent. 


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.