Boots Beauty Bargain Haul

Thursday 25 July 2013

On a recent browse through Boots I came across these nifty reductions which in total would regularly retail at over £36 but instead I purchased for just under £6!


L'Oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing & Perfecting Milk - £4.38 66p

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Cleansing Water and how it comes in close comparison to the all famous Bioderma, this however is the Skin Perfection Cleansing & Perfecting Milk which aims to remove make up and banish imperfections. The consistency of this product is like a facial moisturiser, much thicker than I was expecting, but feels weightless and gentle on the skin. To apply I use a 5p sized amount on a cotton pad and work into my skin in circular motions, removing excess dirt and make up around my face. I prefer to use this after washing my face and before applying a toner.


Soap & Glory 'You Won't Believe Your Eyes' - £12.50 £1

Personally I don't suffer from dark circles or puffiness around the eyes so initially I ignored this product but then it came to mind that I should probably grab this for my other half to try. Unfortunately for him, he has very visible dark shadows around his eyes and has tried various products to tackle the issue so like the good girlfriend that I am I took him into consideration. This eye serum regularly retails at over £12 so we were both expecting it to deliver good results. The product is light weight on the skin and gives a cooling sensation around the eyes. It has a thin, non sticky consistency and has a very subtle fleshy pink colour to it which is visible if not completely blended in. After a week or so of using the product it seemed that there had been no improvement and no sign of 'brightness' around the eyes. 

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Toner - £9.18 £1

I'm not afraid to venture unfamiliar brands which is why I thought I'd pick up this toner by Eucerin, a brand I had not previously been aware of, and see how it works for my problematic skin. This particular toner is targeted at acne prone skin and so I figured this would tackle my regular break outs and keep my blemishes at bay. I have been using this daily, morning and night, to remove oil and dirt from my skin and so far I have found it to be quite promising. At the moment I'm in the process of giving my skin some 'time off' make up, allowing it to breathe and recover with this toner becoming essential in my routine. My imperfections are slowly reducing over time and I am hoping my skin won't out grow the benefits of the product. The only small downside to this product is the smell of it which I can only describe to be like toilet cleaner but it's not incredibly off putting so I'm still happy to continue using it.

Neutrogena Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF15 - £7.99 £1

Currently I'm sorted for facial moisturiser but of course I couldn't ignore a bargain and so I picked up this one from Neutrogena for just £1. This is a daily moisturiser with added SPF which has come into great use throughout these weeks of blazing summer sunshine. It has a delicate scent and leaves my face feeling soft although I must admit it's a pretty average moisturiser and doesn't differ from any others I have used before. I probably wouldn't ever consider repurchasing this in future as it isn't entirely suited to my oily complexion. 

Trevor Sorbie 'Beautifully Straightened' Protection Shampoo - £1.99 50p
Trevor Sorbie 'Beautiful Brunette' Cool Coffee Conditioner - £1.99 50p

Trevor Sorbie has never struck me to be a 'go to' for hair care, I'm happy enough using my regular brand preference but I thought I'd be silly not to grab these travel sized Shampoo and Conditioner. They are sure to come into good use when going on holiday or to take on an over night stay. I have already given these a try since I bought two of each, both products have a lovely fragrance and leave my hair clean and shiny however I was a little disappointed to find that the conditioner didn't rid my locks of tangles. Another thing I would criticise is the packaging, the bottles are rather stiff which makes it difficult to squeeze the product out from within.   


Tamara x

2 comments

  1. how did you get them so cheap haha! lucky you, great products x

    make-up-your-mindx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky enough to have a local boots that has regular reductions! Some weeks better than others, but I get such great bargains. Keep a look out in your local store, you never know you might come across some yourself x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.