Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara

Friday 29 March 2013



Seventeen Doll'd Up mascara - £6.29

Although it has been about for some time now, 'Doll'd Up' is the most recent mascara launch by Seventeen at Boots. Honestly at first I wasn't exactly thrilled when it first popped up on the shelves simply because I was turned off by the plastic applicator but since I had a nifty voucher that granted me the product for only £2 I thought I might as well give it a go. Mascaras by Seventeen usually win me over, my favourite being 'Va Va Voom', so there was no reason not to give this one a chance.

This mascara claims to guarantee long lasting width and curl to the lashes for up to 24hrs, I picked up shade 'Black', I only ever seem to see this one choice on the shelf although the product is also available in 'Brownest Black'. The packaging itself is ultra feminine with it's curved appearance and it's bold colour contrast of red and black.

The brush combs through my lashes giving them great definition and impressive length, almost comparable to Benefit's 'They're Real' so could be considered as a cheaper alternative. This isn't a volumising mascara, which I didn't really expect considering how skinny the brush was, so it doesn't give my upper lashes a great deal of drama or impact although I must admit it does wonders for the lower lashes! It isn't waterproof so it's rather easy to remove however it is very durable and does last for hours throughout the day. The product itself isn't too wet or too dry and is just right for building up the lashes without any unwanted clumps.

This is a very versatile mascara, I think it would be perfect if you're going for a 'no make up, make up' look as it makes the eyes look naturally larger and more sultry or it could even be used to compliment falsies on a night out if you want OTT, daring length.


Tamara x

4 comments

  1. Sounds like a really great mascara for the price :) I love 17 for a quick bargain xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17 is probably one of my favourite high street/drug store brands! Thanks for reading Hannah x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really good product :)

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.