GlossyBox: City Chic

Wednesday 20 March 2013



ELIZABETH ARDEN Eight Hour Cream
I've heard a fair few comments about this product from beauty bloggers but I can't say I can relate with the hype. The cream itself is much more like a balm, it has an incredibly thick consistency and for a product that claims to be 'fragrance free' it smells awful! It is a multi-purpose cream and can be used to revitalise the face or to smooth dry areas such as the hands, cuticles and lips. Personally I didn't like using it on my face as it was difficult to blend and sat heavy on the skin, it does however work well for shaping my brows but that isn't really a major necessity for me. I hate letting things go to waste but I really can't see myself using this product.

JUICY COUTURE Couture La La
This fragrance is right up my street! I tend to go for sweet, floral scents like this and Juicy Couture is a brand I wouldn't usually consider so I was rather surprised as to how much I like it. 'Couture La La' is ultra feminine, sexy and simply gorgeous to wear, perfect for night out on the town. It has an intense musk of White Lily and Orange Blossom accompanied by a hint of Mandarin. The product, unfortunately, isn't incredibly long lasting and begins to fade over time so I have found myself re-spritzing several times, the same issue I found with Prada's 'Candy'. 

JELLY PONG PONG COSMETICS Lip Blush
I honestly didn't think I'd take to this lip product but it is actually quite pleasant. This is a lip crayon that gives a buildable tint to the lips with a sheer finish. I got the shade 'Cranberry' which on first appearance seemed like a pinkish red however once worn on the lips it's more of a warm toned red that works really well with my skin tone. I don't often dare to wear a red lip as most shades, especially cool toned, don't suit me at all so I'm pleased that this lip blush has suited me. The product isn't drying but I don't find it to give a great sense of moisture either. 

NAILS INC. St James
I love these teeny tiny Nails Inc. polishes they're as cute as a button and practical for travel. I received the shade 'St. James' which is a vibrant cherry pink, probably a colour I would have worn back in my teens and not so much these days. The product applies well on to the nails and 2 coats works best as I found that just the one chipped rather easily. 

TRESEMME TRESemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray 
With my hair being so thick and heavy, I don't ever really benefit from hair spray no matter what strength of hold it promises. I have used hair spray by Tresemme throughout the past few years but can never really depend on it. This particular spray is the salon finish extra hold and even this barely does anything for my barnet, although it does keep my hair in place it just isn't enough to give that much needed 'oomph'. Too much of the product leaves my hair a little sticky so I tend to avoid over doing it, although it does take a lot of the spray to show any form of result. The spray has a lovely fragrance and would definitely work better for those with finer, lighter hair. 


Tamara x

8 comments

  1. Need to get my hands on that fragrance. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know!

    allaboutjoann.blogspot.com

    -JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best glossybox I've seen, I love the hairspray and the lip blush as well as the polish

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x


    ReplyDelete
  4. That hair spray is pretty awesome! :) xx


    Please go ahead and read my newest article on

    www.searchingforLBD.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the Elizabeth Arden when I've had a cold; just a little on my poor nose. Does wonders. And on lips overnight is great! Other than that it's not really used, so it lasts a long time (which is good cos it's a but pricey).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I came across your blog :) Going to follow on blog lovin now! I feel the same about the 8 hour skin protectant its got a really strong smell and I've only ever used it for my cuticles (now there it is amazing. But you can get the formula (I think for hands? or body?)of 8 hour cream that is not like a gel but is a white cream. Well now that is worth raving about its smells lovely, leaves hands soft and smooth!
    P a n d a P o p
    Blog Lovin

    Siobhan xo

    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Siobhan, glad you like my blog :) x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.