Empties of the Month

Wednesday 27 March 2013

(Left to Right)

CLARINS Extra-Firming Body Cream
I rummaged this out of my draw as I needed a quick firming fix as I hadn't restocked on my all time favourite Nivea Firming 'Good-bye Cellulite' Gel-Cream. This cream aims to lift, tone and comfort the most problematic parts of your body so I chose to use it on the back of my thighs where I'm sadly burdened with cellulite. I found this product somewhat effective however nowhere near as good as the Nivea Gel-Cream, the consistency is much too thick for my liking which made it a little uneasy to spread across the skin and the reduction to my lumps and bumps was only slight.

PREMAE SKINCARE Balance Rescue Face Tonique 
This is probably one of the best toners I've come across, I was rather gutted that the sample was so small and short lasting. I used this every evening after removing my make up to rid any left over dirt and excess oil on my skin, after every use my face was left feeling fresh and cleansed. The product contains natural antiseptic oils such as Sandalwood and Lemongrass which really helped to rejuvenate my skin at the end of the day.

FIGS & ROUGE 100% Organic Lip Balm
With the absolute horrid, freezing weather we've had, for what feels like years, my lips have taken a bad turn  and have become ridiculously dry. I've been slapping on all sorts of lip balms and Vaseline yet I'm still suffering with chapped lips. My pocket sized tin of the Figs & Rouge lip balm has unfortunately run dry in the process but it has done me good for quite a few months now. The balm is completely organic and has a pleasant scent of Peppermint. Once applied it melts into my lips nourishing them with soothing Tea Tree. 

THE BODY SHOP Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel
As a Christmas gift I received the Ginger Sparkle gift set from The Body Shop that I had my eye on. I think the scent of spices such as Ginger are really festive and warming in the Winter months and this shower gel was lovely for hot showers on cold nights. The gel lathers really well on the body and fills the room with a delicious aroma. The product looks like gooey Maple syrup and contains little hints of gold sparkle, a real treat for the body.

DERMALOGICA Daily Microfoliant
I only ever used this exfoliating powder occasionally so I'm quite surprised that I managed to finish it, this was a sample I received in a past beauty box but isn't something I would purchase in future. Everything from the scent to the texture of the product reminds me of baking powder, which itself can be used as a nifty home made facial exfoliator. This rice based powder must be mixed with a splash of water for it to become a paste, making it easier to apply onto the face. Although my skin did feel fresh and clean after use this isn't a product I found worth investing in. 


Tamara x

4 comments

  1. I really want to try this lip balm! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it in Boots if your lucky, not all stores stock it x

      Delete
  2. great products!! i want the lip balm!! <3 <3

    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.