HAPPY HOUR: SWEETIES

Friday 23 February 2024


Sweeties
10th Floor, 10 Argyle St, London WC1H 8EG

Perfectly located high above Kings Cross and looking across to the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, Sweeties is The Standard's cocktail bar and late night lounge. With an incredible floor to ceiling view, it's the ideal setting for a celebration or date. The interiors are chic and suave, and the addition of a giant disco ball sets up a night of sophisticated fun.

I was excited to choose from the eclectic cocktail menu, especially with the bonus of the weekday happy hour. However, I was disappointed to find that not only my first choice but second choice of drink was not 'available'.  Admittedly I did settle with 'No Limits' (Tapatio Tequila Blanco, Lemongrass,
Fresh Ginger, Lemon, Soda) which was OK in taste but I felt slightly conned by the giant ice block that I paid £14 for.

So, whilst this is a fabulous location aesthetically, I can't say it's value for money.

Tamara x




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.